Medical Society of Milwaukee CountyJune 22, 2015
Title: MEDICAL SOCIETY OF MILWAUKEE COUNTY, INC.
Reference Code: Mss-1833
Inclusive Dates: 1931-1996
Quantity: 000.3 cu. ft.
Location: CV, Sh. 240
Abstract: In May 1846, a group of 24 physicians gathered in Milwaukee’s first courthouse to form a Medical Society. Part of its original mission was to issue diplomas to students who trained in the “art of science” or medicine. Since then, the organization has worked to improve the health status of the Milwaukee community.
Scope and Content: The collection consists of newsletters, periodicals, meeting minutes, and other ephemera.
Access and Use: No restrictions
Notes: The collection was processed by Jules Gehrke on 8/7/1998.
|Folder Heading||Box #||Folder #|
|Meeting minutes of Board of Directors and members of Cerebral Palsy Clinic of Medical Society of Milwaukee County, Dec. 21, 1960||1||1|
|Memos, financial reports, misc. announcements||1||1|
|Lease for Cerebral Palsy Clinic between Deaconess Hospital and Kiwanis, Oct. 20, 1960||1||1|
|“150 Years of Caring and Concern” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel May 5, 1996 Special section||1||1|
|Membership Newsletter Nov 1995 – June 1996 (not inclusive)||1||1|
|Membership certificate for Medical Society Physician’s Service, n.d.||1||1|
|Milwaukee Medical Times||1||LOOSE|
July, 1941 (2 copies)
May, 1942 (2 copies)