Greater Milwaukee Foundation

Posted on by Kabing

Title: Greater Milwaukee Foundation Collection

Reference Code: Mss-1745

Inclusive Dates: 1915 – ongoing

Quantity: 000.41 cu. ft. total

Location:        WH, Sh. D205 (0.4 cu. ft.)
OS SM “G” (1 item)

Abstract: In May 1915, the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Trust Company adopted a resolution creating the Milwaukee Foundation as a vehicle to pool charitable bequests in order to maximize the benefit for the City of Milwaukee.  By 1956, the foundation’s assets passed the $1 million mark and climbed above $100 million by 1992. As the Milwaukee Foundation’s reach and influence extended beyond the City of Milwaukee, the organization’s name was changed to the Greater Milwaukee Foundation.

Scope and Content: The collection contains annual and miscellaneous reports, newsletters and other ephemera related to the GMF.

Access and Use: No restrictions

Language: English


Folder Heading Box # Folder #
Annual Reports, 1968-1989 (not inclusive) 1 1
Annual Reports, 1990-2002 (not inclusive) 1 2
Miscellaneous 1 3
  Copy of Declaration of Trust, 1915    
  Brochure re Women’s Fund, 1994    
  Report Card on Charitable Giving in Metro Milwaukee, 1998    
Newsletters, 1976-2004 (not inclusive) 1 4
Photocopy of Declaration of Trust, 1915 (from original GMF ledger) OS SM “G”